You Can Trust Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC for End of Life Decisions
Poydasheff & Sowers attorneys handle every aspect of estate planning such as drafting wills, creating trusts, and assisting clients with a variety of retirement plans and business succession planning. Our attorneys represent clients in Probate Court, administering estates, and probating wills. We also represent clients in removing executors of wills and collecting debts against estates unwilling to pay their creditors.
We are happy to assist you in the categories listed below:
- Durable Power of Attorney *
- Last Will and Testament *
- Living Will and Healthcare Directive
- Guardianship *
- Conservatorship *
- Probating Wills in Solemn Form
- Administration of an Estate Without a Will
- Estate Deeds for the Transfer of Property
- Petition to Object to A Last Will and Testament
- Petition to Remove an Executor
- Petition to Remove an Administrator
- Collection of Debts against an Estate
- Charitable Trusts and Foundations
- Estate planning for high net worth individuals
- Business succession planning
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Generation skipping trusts
- Inventories, proposed schedules of distribution, closing documents
Secure Your Legacy When Drafting Your Last Will and Testament
- Power of Attorney gives a friend or family member authority to transact business and manage your financial affairs while you are living. It can be revoked by you at any time.
- A Last Will and Testament is an instrument that we draft based on your wishes that disposes of your assets to your friends and families. It also allows you to appoint a trusted individual who will manage your affairs after your death. A Will is not for rich people; it’s for every one who wants to direct their assets to specific individuals, and not leave it to the state to decide who should get what. A Will provides peace of mind that your loved ones are taken care of and that your wishes are known after your death.
- Advance Directive for Health Care also known as a living will is an instrument that directs end of life medical decisions when you are incapacitated or unable to communicate your wishes.
- Guardianship allows you to make decisions for an incapacitated person when the person is unable to make decisions whether due to mental illness, sickness or any condition. It works similarly to an Advance Directive for Health Care, but is used when that person cannot express their health care desires.
- Conservatorship is similar to guardianship, but instead of giving you power over the person, it gives you power over the person’s money and assets and allows you to transact business on their behalf if they are otherwise incapacitated and cannot issue a power of attorney.
- Probating Wills in Solemn Form is required if the deceased owned real property at the time of death. The form petitions the court to appoint an executor, named in the deceased’s will to carry out the terms of the will.
- Administration of an Estate Without a Will is a petition filed to ask the probate court to appoint an administrator when the deceased dies without a will or you only have a copy of the original will. This is similar to probating in solemn form.
Contact Our Attorneys at Poydasheff & Sowers Today for a No-Obligation Consultation
If you’re concerned about your future or that of your loved ones, you owe it to yourself and to them to take the time now to plan how to take care of them financially and medically.
When you need probate or estate planning services in Georgia, call us today at (706) 705-5777 for a consultation.
Read Real Reviews
"Rob was very responsive in filing the paperwork and keeping us informed of our case with any new developments."Former Client
Tim Sowers is the best.Francine H.
"Rob and Staff kept my expectations grounded in the real world. If i had to put it one word Honesty. left with all questions answered and felt like our outline, plan of action was the right road for my family."John C.
Contact Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC Today
If you have been searching for a law firm in Columbus, GA that can effectively and efficiently guide you through your legal matter, look no further. At Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC, our attorneys offer caring, compassionate, and skilled guidance to help you obtain a positive outcome to your case.