Compassionate, Dedicated Divorce Attorneys Serving GA Since 2011
Columbus Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
Postnuptial Agreements Lawyers in Columbus, GA
At Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC, we have been providing family legal services to engaged and married couples for more than 60 years. During our many decades of experience, we have come to understand the personal, practical, and financial toll that family legal matters tend to take on the parties involved, and we are here to simplify the process as much as possible. We understand the intricacies of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and we are prepared to use our extensive knowledge and experience to protect your best interests at every turn.
Whether you are seeking a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, it is imperative that you have a trustworthy family lawyer on your side to ensure the arrangement with your fiancé(e) or spouse is fair, enforceable, and beneficial to you.
Get in touch with a member of our team today to receive personalized, attentive legal service from one of our prenuptial and postnuptial agreements lawyers in Columbus, GA.
Call (706) 705-5777 now or send us a message online to learn how we can help.
The Purpose of a Prenuptial Agreement in Georgia
There are many reasons why you or your fiancé(e) may wish to implement a prenuptial agreement. Regardless of your reasons or those of your fiancé(e), it is imperative that you secure trustworthy legal representation from an experienced Georgia divorce attorney. Even if you have full faith and confidence in your fiancé(e), it is always in your best interest to bring in a seasoned attorney who can ensure your agreement is enforceable and fair.
If enforceable, a prenuptial agreement allows you to:
- Clarify exactly what you and your future spouse’s financial responsibilities and rights will be after marriage
- Avoid messy disputes about property and asset division in the event of divorce
- Decide in advance how alimony, child custody, and other property and responsibilities will be divided in the event of divorce
- Protect yourself or your future spouse from being held responsible for one another’s debts
- Ensure your children from other partners or marriages retain their rights to inherit certain property or assets
When a Postnuptial Agreement May Be More Favorable
It can be awkward and contentious to ask your fiancé(e) to sign a prenuptial agreement; however, many couples are more willing to consider such an agreement after marriage has taken place. In many cases, married couples also experience significant life changes that make a postnuptial agreement appropriate.
You may wish to pursue a postnuptial agreement if any of the following are true:
- You wish to ensure your children with your current spouse and children from previous relationships have the right to inherit certain properties or assets in the event of your death or divorce.
- You or your spouse has stopped working to provide full-time care for children or other dependents.
- Since being married, you or your spouse has been financially irresponsible or incurred significant debts for some other reason.
Call (706) 705-5777 today to speak to a pre- and postnuptial agreements attorney in Columbus, GA, and allow us to help you find the solution that is right for you and your loved ones.
Contact Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC Today
If you have been searching for a law firm in Columbus, GA that can effectively and efficiently guide you through your legal matter, look no further. At Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC, our attorneys offer caring, compassionate, and skilled guidance to help you obtain a positive outcome to your case.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (706) 705-5777.
Read Real Reviews
"A meticulous and “can-do” attorney Rob adroitly handled the probate of my mother's estate with care, compassion, and consideration."Barry C.
"Tim Sowers and Ashley were very helpful and informative with my legal case. They were able to answer any questions I had and were always available to help. I would definitely use them again."Dane B.
"Working with Rob was a fantastic experience from beginning to end! He let me know immediately that I was his client and he would look out for my best interest at all times and he definitely did that."Former Client
Robert S. Poydasheff, Jr. Read Full Bio
Timothy J. Sowers Read Full Bio
John S Brewer, III Read Full Bio
Gracie Ham Read Full Bio