Columbus Wills & Trusts Lawyers
Helping Our Clients Protect Their Assets
The prospect of estate planning can be daunting and uncomfortable – but we urge you not to wait. At Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC, we have spent the last 60 years helping couples, parents, and families arrange their affairs and prepare for the future. During our many years of experience, we have seen our clients experience great peace of mind after creating an estate plan, and we hope to help you do the same. Allow us to come alongside you and help you protect yourself, your loved ones, and the wealth and possessions you have worked hard to acquire.
Call (706) 705-5777 today to schedule a consultation with one of our estate planning attorneys in Columbus, GA.
Helping Families & Individuals Prepare for the Future
At Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC, we have been serving people like you for more than 60 years. Given our extensive, in-depth knowledge of wills, trusts, and estate planning law, we can help you anticipate the future and plan for multiple possible scenarios.
As your Columbus estate planning lawyers, we are prepared to help you establish and manage all the following:
- Business succession plans
- Retirement plans
- Durable powers of attorney
- Last wills and testaments
- Living wills
- Healthcare directives
- Plans for probating wills in solemn form in Georgia
- Plans for administration of estates without a will in Georgia
- Estate deeds for the transfers of real property
- Petitions to object to a last will and testament
- Petitions to remove the executor or administrator of a will
- Plans to collect debts against an estate
- Charitable trusts and foundations
- Estate plans for high net worth individuals
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts in Georgia
- Generation-skipping trusts in Columbus, Georgia
- Proposed schedules of distribution
- Closing documents
We Can Help You Arrange Your Affairs
We are equipped to address the full spectrum of your estate-planning concerns and fears. We can also help you prepare for things you haven’t thought of yet, such as the possibility of moving to another state, outliving your heirs, becoming a guardian for a child in your family, and more.
For us to accurately assess your needs, please be prepared to provide information about as many of the following as possible:
- Any real or intangible property you own
- Any existing wills or trusts you already have
- Insurance policies (including health, auto, etc.)
- Deeds to any real estate you own
- Certificates related to annuities, bonds, and stocks
- Bank accounts
- Mutual funds
- Safe deposit boxes being held in your name
- Retirement plans
- 401(k) accounts
- Individual retirement accounts
- Debt-related information involving credit cards, mortgages, auto loans, etc.
- Unpaid tax balances
- Plans you have already made or wish to make regarding funeral prepayment plans
- Business you own or have invested in
- Anticipated inheritances
If you are ready to begin the conversation, we urge you to call our Columbus wills and estates lawyers as soon as possible. Call Poydasheff & Sowers, LLC at (706) 705-5777 or fill out our online form to schedule your consultation and receive personalized service from a member of our team.